They Market Happy Meat! Don't Buy The Myth!

>>  Sunday, August 7, 2011

For a week or so after my encounter with a scalper's knife... My typing was limited to hunt and peck techniques.  I could also drag/copy/paste a whole lot of files into a movies and this is one that I made:


Here's another similar themed video by quicksilver3x3:
I don't know that either is a "vegan maker"... Perhaps they are just meant for an audience who already "gets it"? But you never know who may grasp a message when presented with sarcasm. The extremes of what we're told and what the truth is just might shake someone into reality? We can only hope...  


This post practically wrote it's self so I'll keep it short and (maybe not so) "sweet" as I know there are more pressing issues I want to continue discussing elsewhere.


My brief thought here was to remind everyone that no matter how you get the word out... Keep the truth piling on! And of course if your not vegan already... Surely you're not swallowing the "happy meat myth" - Now are you???

3 comments :

veganelder August 8, 2011 at 5:08 AM  

Wow, you put a lot of work into that video, excellent!

Your video (and the other one) do a great job of highlighting the reality disconnect between the words "happy" and "meat". I'm reluctant to even call it a "myth". In the end, it's just a self-serving lie.

Thanks for your work Bea, and I hope you're feeling better.

CQ August 8, 2011 at 10:54 PM  

I'm impressed with the time, dedication and humor! that went into producing both videos -- the top one by Bea, the bottom one by quicksilver3X3.

Taking a tip from veganelder above, one could say the word "myth" is a euphemism for "self-serving lie" -- in the same way the word "meat" is a euphemism for "murdered animal."

Bea Elliott August 21, 2011 at 5:22 AM  

Thank you veganelder and CQ! Actually it was very little work and only a bit of worthwhile time...

I have about a hundred more of these running through my head - Concepts I think are better presented with images and sound than words... Among them I will be sure to include the notion that the "myth" IS a myth & just a down right LIE! So true!

I certainly appreciate the support from my on-line vegan fans! merci <3